We did this because we wanted to refresh our old ROI example with newer data so I put my patience hat on and started digging in. Now, there's a danger with any research or study when you set out to prove something and then you end up simply... proving it. This time however I was totally surprised with the results.
I was just trying to replicate the same information which seemed fairly good to me but with a few more up to date numbers and (hopefully) some new insights. I wasn't quite prepared for happened though. I ended up completely replacing the old data sheet with a new one because of the insights I've seen in the data.
What did occur to me after thirty minutes of staring at tables and writing unnecessarily beautiful SQL queries ( I know few people would appreciate these ) was that the information we used to present on our old ROI example page was not as useful as it could be. This was mainly due to the fact that we were trying to use a sample company with sample rates to try and illustrate cost savings. However in today's business world things not always are about cost savings but rather about throughput and efficiency and effectiveness.
And so instead of savings I decided to use the time you would be spending if you used a paper based or Excel+Email system and the time you would be spending if you used a leave planner like LeaveWizard to optimize your leave management process. This way cost and money are not the focus but rather free time which I would argue is more important because it hints at more capacity to use to contribute to the core business rather than money savings.
With an explanation a bit longer than one can expect from me I guess it is time to show you how the new operational savings example looks like. Head on to the ROI example page and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for reading and I hope you found our tip about creating ROI examples useful.